Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 06:55:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Greencountry Motorsports

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Chupacabra  (Read 15217 times)
der_kommissar

woohoo!

« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2015, 02:42:56 pm »

seriously cool... I definitely dig the old rwd Toyotas. nice work!

Wes
2008 BMW 328I Coupe 6mt, daily. <--- for sale.
1999 Miata, green.
2001 Jetta, 2.0 5-speed.
1966 Beetle, 1.9l, disassemble.
68 Impala, 454. rusty red and sitting.
redvalkyrie

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2015, 08:04:06 am »

Seat in.

redvalkyrie

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2015, 02:28:53 am »

Blinging begins

Used bearing pulled and used as a test for chamfering the main's oil through holes.

Main bearing saddle cleaned,edged radiused, ol supply oil chamferred. Main surfaces leveled and deburred. Threads chased

Top of main caps receive similar work--all flat surfaces are gone over and made flat. clean up cap numbers for quick visibility, mounting points smoothed perfectly flat and even polished to further assure no kink to distort seating or torque readings.

You can see a main cap with both ears prepped and all corners knocked down.

You can see here how most of the inner block wall has been made smooth.

Opening, porting, smoothing the oil pass-through.

Further cleaning mating surfaces and rounding sharp edges and de-stressing the block in key areas.

Close up of worked over lifter valley--but it's still not clean. Flash and cast gone. Sharp ends removed to again, aid rapid oil return.

Original block stamp

redvalkyrie

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2015, 10:39:47 pm »

Forward progress. *Upgraded to a slightly larger brake mc, *went with the T3 booster delete, *got some new lines, and...baby alternator. *That's a 70 amp internally regulated one wired alt which makes life for all of us stuck in the 80s a little nicer. *Stock alternator is about 40 amps and has an external voltage regulator and is about twice the weight and size. *The stock alternator itself rarely goes bad but the voltage regulators die on a regular basis. *Two stock regulators get you one new baby Denso alt. *

A note on the T3 booster delete plate. *They've gone to a truly universal design for all of the ToyotaS. *So, there is a pattern of holes to fit whatever the delete is going on. *However, *you may not get all of the hardware you need. *A KP61 really needs for 40mm studs to go from the firewall to the plate. *Kit comes with some really nice socket head bolts that are way too long. *Not a problem. *Just run to the hardware store and grab four M8 x 1.25 studs.

redvalkyrie

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2015, 10:42:06 pm »

Progress.  Going for a disco inferno theme here with gold metallic paint.  I hot tanked the block-- installed new cam bearings, and did all the little stuff.  Head was decked flat.  I did my usual port and polish on the runners and had to do quite a bit of reshaping in the cumbuarion chamber.  

redvalkyrie

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2015, 10:43:03 pm »

First time spraying any sheet metal.  Not sure anything shiny belongs on the outside of the "Goat Eater."

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: