Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2018, 07:41:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Greencountry Motorsports

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 100 acre wood march 17-19th  (Read 1793 times)
reecers

« on: December 03, 2015, 09:15:02 pm »

hey guys I am going to my first rally in my 90 honda civic. Have most of the essentials and will be finishing her up for march. Posting here to see if anyone wants to crew for free travel/food/ and sleep. Beer is always a possibility. Looking for some guys that want to wrench on a old honda in the woods (well service) and help with other such things. PM me on here Thanks guys!

Reece
T0lly
Global Moderator

HOORAY BEER

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 10:45:30 am »

I am interested in helping you out. I have been wanting to attend one of these events for a while. I have not been on a rally team before but have worked as mechanic/spotter on pro rock crawling teams for several years on national circuits. I have a serious interest in rally.

2003 Porsche Carrera 4S
2014 Porsche Cayenne
gregaryus

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 10:28:15 am »

If my schedule fits, I would go.  I have helped Mike Halley in Pennsylvania and at the Chisum Trail out of Paris, Texas.  I'm NOT a mechanic, but I can read maps and have been around performance rally.  I know the roads around here (Tulsa area), so I can show you some good places to "test".  Mike shook down his Peugeot at an event I put together and found out that he needed more water-proofing.  He was happy to ONLY lose a road rally entry fee and not a performance rally entry fee when the car stalled after a water crossing. 
reecers

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 07:58:07 am »

yea mike is going to be taking 3 cars from the sounds of it
Shinny

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 07:39:14 pm »

Hmm this is something I would like to do. I'll have to schedule it out this weekend to make sure it doesn't conflict with anything. What are you going to do for headsets? Not sure what basic stuff might be out there but I've got these awesome headsets where I work that retail $98.95 a piece and kick so much ass. Sena 3S's and they have models for both open and full face helmets. I could get you two close to cost if you put some 5th gear cycle stickers on your windows. They have 8 hours of talk time and 7 days stand by time. I've been interested to see if they could work for a rally setting. So let me know about those, and I'll see if I'd be available to get up there this year.

"Its hard to beat a World Rally Car."-Ken Block
"TODD SWAIN!"-Sean Grubb
Thanks to the sponsors: Auto-Zone, Honda of Tulsa, Pinnacle Performance and Repair
T0lly
Global Moderator

HOORAY BEER

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 06:33:15 am »

So did you get your team together?

2003 Porsche Carrera 4S
2014 Porsche Cayenne
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: