Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2018, 08:01:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Greencountry Motorsports

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: POKER RUN  (Read 753 times)
gregaryus

« on: June 08, 2016, 08:47:38 am »

The TULSA VETTE SET (TVS) will be putting on a poker run on Saturday, July 2.   Meet at WASHINGTON IRVING PARK at 13700 S Memorial Dr. in Bixby, Ok.  That is on the WEST side of Memorial and just NORTH of the Arkansas River.  This event is open to ANY street-legal 4-wheeled, 3-wheeled or 2-wheeled vehicle.  PROCEEDS go to the WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT.  $20 entry fee.  The START is ONLY open from 9AM until 11AM!!!
SPONSORED by:  JIM GLOVER on the river CHEVROLET.......JOE COOPER FORD.......MYERS-DUREN HARLEY-DAVIDSON.......
HEART of TULSA AUTO MUSEUM.......TULSA VETTE SET
MORE info OR questions, contact.....johnjfeary at yahoo.com.....OR.....bliles64 at aol.com.

The finish will NOT be at the start area!!!!!     
gregaryus

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 09:51:18 am »

The museum sponsor is The HEART of TULSA ROUTE 66 MUSEUM.  It was a case fingers typing faster than brain could think.
gregaryus

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 09:13:19 am »

Just thought that I would give a short report about this event.   

Robin and I ran it and had a good time.   We drew a pair of queens in five cards, so I am guessing we finished in the upper half of the field.   There were four numbered instructions with each instruction leading you to a sponsor.   Each numbered instruction had the detailed directions of how to get to the next sponsor.

You drew a card from a deck at the start.   The card was noted on your score sheet at the start and the card was returned to the deck.   This process was repeated at each sponsor.   I must note here that those working the event were cordial and quickly got us through the processes.   Water, snacks and restrooms were offered at the midway point at the Jim Glover river location.

The general instructions indicated that the run would take about two hours, but you had three hours to complete the course.   We took a rest break before the mid point and took far less than two hours to run the route.   I believe that we could have completed it in under 90 minutes without a break.   The route was about 40 miles with about 30 miles of that on highways/expressways.

The museum at the end of the event was on the west side of Sapulpa.   It had just opened a few weeks earlier in the building and did not have all of the rooms available filled with displays.   You were able to get as close as possible without touching them.   Robin was drawn to a late sixties Mustang while I enjoyed viewing the Amphicar and a Maserati.

We had hoped for an event that was a bit longer in distance as we were wanting to practice our driver/navigator communications.   We also were hoping for more of a scenic tour.   We heard others wishing for a seven card poker hand.   I'm guessing it was those folks with poker hands worse than ours.   Overall, it was a VERY well run event that delivered exactly what it advertised.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: